Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Went Wandering...

"Bob, Where did you go?" Is a statement that had been popping up in Email, Texts and on the My Space Page since my disappearance in November...

In the beginning of November my free USAA calendar was hung above the garbage in the kitchen. My plan to ward off the inevitable passage of time (with the odor of refuse that builds up in the over flowing kitchen waste can of a single man’s life) was failing miserably as the calendar remained opened to the month of April (It felt like it should have been April… Okay More Trash! That should slow it…). I peeled the calendar from the wall and separated the pages slowly investigating any missed appointments or events… Who was I kidding… I hadn’t used a printed calendar since the free Blockbuster Calendar back 1996. On this day I wanted to stay far away from my Gmail Calendar because earlier that day I had a terrible battle with SkyNet at work… I didn’t want to touch the SkyNet adversary located in the study area of the Condo... Planning out my November on a paper calendar was the only way to plan for Mike and Sharon's visit in the beginning of December… Looking upon a paper calendar provided my eyes with a euphoric Visine sensation after the Computer Monitors at work had left me with a hot Tabasco sting from the work day. The calendar provided me a map that I could navigate my life with.



I looked at the refrigerator where the Basham wedding invitation resided… I was to depart VA on the 9th and return on the 18th. I had strong anticipation for the Basham wedding. Thoughts of being face to face with old friends that had been absent from life for the past six years, a lack of US currency for the trip (I chuckled as I looked at the Kuwait Dinar, Mexico’s Peso, Ukrainian and Romanian currency on the fridge that had collected from my travels couldn’t help me get to Florida), and time away from work collided together… For a second I thought “Chris would understand if I didn’t make it. I need to continue to save money and pay off my debt…”. A decision had to be made. Turn to Page 23 if you decide to stay at home and save money. Turn to Page 1117 if you decide to begin the most fulfilling adventure of your life… I chose page 1117. The direction toward my destiny was forged and I haven't slowed down since.



With this post I expect all rumors to cease, and full statement of retractions from those of you that started all rumors associated with my absence. Since my disappearance my life has changed dramatically... But now isn't the time to put words on the page. I shall return My Dear Sharon (Sharon is my only Blog Reader), with nectar littered words that will be woven together to form the story of my absence and cover the events that lead the serenity of my heart, soul, and mind...

3 comments:

traes57 said...

I want to hear the rest of the story! And Sharon is not the only one to read your blogs ;O)

Krista Phelps said...

Ah HAH! See, you at least have 3 readers! Of course, I am a result of your decision to turn to page 1117 instead of 23! I will not ruin the suspense for others, nor the interesting rumors that may have begun as a result of this fateful wedding trip to Florida. I will let them sweat it out until your next blogging moment! :)

Sharon Matthew said...

Hey, soon you will have a whole 5 readers like me :)

I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the story as well... I know exactly when you post because I have you on my Google home page. Google is the new Skynet.

"There's no fate but what we make for ourselves!" --- said in a whiny 13 year-old voice ...